Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of FINANCIAL AUDIT MANAGER within the Office of the Auditor General, Montserrat.
This position will oversee and direct staff responsible for conducting financial, special audit assignments and other studies of the Public Sector. The Financial Audit Manager will be responsible for leading senior auditors and auditors in conducting audit work in accordance with International Standards and be responsible for supporting the OAG’s vision, mission and goals.
- Perform financial audits and audit specific tasks of the Government of Montserrat operations, statutory and other agencies to arrive at an audit opinion and or conclusion in accordance with International Accounting and Auditing Standards.
- Supervises financial auditors responsible for conducting the financial audits or evaluations of Ministries/Departments/Statutory Agences as defined by International Standards.
- Develops or modifies work plans, methods and procedures, determines work priorities and develops work schedules to provide adequate coverage.
- Collect the necessary data through interviews, observations, and other appropriate research methods.
- Provides work instruction and assists auditors with difficult and/or unusual assignments; encourages innovation.
- Resolves problems and mediates conflicts encountered during daily operations and determines appropriate solutions.
- Reviews audits or assessments for accuracy, quality and conformance to departmental policy, regulations and legal requirements.
- Conducts performance evaluations and provides coaching, mentoring, and suggests training plans to help staff further develop their skills.
- Conduct analyses of special situations and present reports as requested by top management.
- Ensure that work activities fully comply with Government and International standards and the Audit Office’s operating policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by Audit Management.
The applicant for the position of Financial Audit Manager within the Office of the Auditor General should: -
- Have a Degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, or Business, a Master’s degree or professional qualification will be an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory position conducting financial auditing with good knowledge of government and commercial accounting, relevant regulations, current audit procedures.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to exercise professional judgment
- Must be able to constructively establish rapport with Client Management and staff and maintain credibility throughout the audit process
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to relate to staff at every level in the Public Service
- Must be able to work independently without extensive supervision and possess excellent time management and independent learning skills
- Be highly numerate and possess the ability to understand complex formulas/statistics and how they translate into operations
- Have a good working knowledge of Smartstream and other accounting and auditing systems to include QuickBooks, Peachtree, and Microsoft Office
- Have conflict resolution, tutoring/mentoring/knowledge sharing, facilitation and motivation skills
Salary is in the scale R17 – R13, that is, $58,896 - $65,232 per annum (taxable)
A travel Allowance of EC$9,600 per annum, provided that the Officer possesses and maintains a vehicle in a road worthy condition and uses it for official travelling.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Appointment will be made on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years in the first instance. On satisfactory completion of contract, a contract gratuity at the rate of 12.5% of the basic salary would be payable. The targeted date for effecting the appointment is April 1st, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
To apply, e-mail your completed application form, along with a covering letter with the names of a tleast two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is Friday 18, February 2022.