Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Computer Systems Officer, Statistics Department within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management.
To provide professional technical leadership in establishing the direction and effectiveness of the Information Systems within the Statistics Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Managing Information Technology and Computer Systems to include but not limited to:
- Developing, implementing, operating and administering Computer Software and Information Systems, as required;
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for Electronic data processing, computer systems operations and website development, as required;
- Scheduling and coordinating IT Security Audits periodically or as needed;
- Planning, organizing and evaluating the operations of Information Systems within the department;
- Conducting pre-testing of systems assigned and make proper modifications.
- Ensuring technology is accessible and equipped with modern software to include but not limited to:
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network operating systems in the Department;
- Investigating, identifying and preparing proposals to resolve specific operational issues within any affected area
- Designing and developing the use of new applications, systems software, and upgrades to existing applications; ensuring that development projects match needs and requirements.
- Maintaining current and accurate inventory of software and hardware resources
- Gathering, organizing, and interpreting data from the database to provide reports to, and answer questions from end-users.
- Monitoring and maintaining technology to ensure maximum access to include but not limited to:
- Planning and overseeing the installation of new systems and equipment;
- Making recommendations about purchase of technology resources;
- Working closely with management, staff and clients to identify and design efficient workflow processes to meet current and future needs;
- Delegating work to the Data Entry Operators in keeping with the Department’s Work Plan.
- Consistently reviewing and improving the Information Technology Business Continuity Plan for the department, including testing and upgrading.
- Overseeing the collection, cleaning, transferring and loading of data.
- Maintaining current and accurate knowledge of data storage and management best practices and maintaining metadata.
- Providing technical support to the Geographic Information Services Center during Census and Surveys.
- Developing and facilitating training and orientation sessions for internal SDM stakeholders, ensuring that new staff members can utilize the IT systems and that all staff are comfortable using new systems.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or a related field;
- Have two (2) to five (5) years’ experience managing and querying complex data bases on a variety of platforms including MS Windows, Oracle, Sequel and MySQL;
- Be proficient using MS Office applications, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and creating macros for MS Office Applications;
- Be knowledgeable in computer hardware, software systems and troubleshooting, statistical software including SPSS, R Studio, Jupyter Notebook;
- Must understand object-oriented programming and SQL Database Servers;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good supervisory and management skills,
Basic Salary is in the scale R22-16, that is EC$50,976.00 - EC$60,480.00 per annum (Taxable).
Travel Allowance of EC$9, 600.00 per annum (non-taxable). Payable only if the Officer is in possession of a motor vehicle).
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Appointment will be made on permanent and pensionable basis or on a contractual basis
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491 6234.
To apply, send your completed application form along with (a) copies of qualifications, (b) covering letter, two reference letters to the Human Resources Management Unit at email@example.com by Wednesday December 22, 2021.