The Government of Montserrat is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Agriculture Development Specialist, within the Ministry of Agriculture, Lands, Housing and the Environment.
The selected applicant as Agriculture Development Specialist will assist the Ministry of Agriculture in achieving its Goal and Mission to redevelop agriculture (crop, Livestock, aquaculture and fisheries) and the other natural resource sectors using traditional and emerging techniques and technologies. The applicant will assist in targeting specific markets for import substitution and for the export of fresh commodities and value added products, thereby promoting food security, sustainable livelihoods and foreign exchange earnings and savings.
Scope of Work
The responsibilities of the Agriculture Development Specialist would include the following:
- To prepare a new Agricultural Strategy geared at achieving the Department of Agriculture’s Strategic objectives.
- To identify project areas, prepare project proposals and develop, coordinate and implement project activities to enhance agricultural development across the full remit of the Department, and for the fulfilment of the objectives as outlined in the Terms of Reference.
- To provide advice and information relating to agriculture development to farmers, the public, and line management.
- To assist the Department of Agriculture with reviewing outdated laws and regulations and drafting updates for review and agreement by Attorney General Chambers.
- To accomplish business development activities, marketing opportunities and plans by collecting, analyzing and summarising data and trends and implementing sales plans.
- To actively pursue avenues for raising funding for agricultural projects and programmes, through the development and submission of proposals and funding applications to relevant institutions and agencies.
- To assist with coordinating and conducting rapid post-disaster assessments of natural resource and environmental assets to inform the amount and variety of relief measures required and to make recommendations for mitigation in the future.
- To assist with the preparation of the Departments annual work plan outlining activities and budget for the year.
- A first degree in Agriculture or Natural Resources Management.
- A postgraduate degree in Agriculture or a related discipline would be preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of experience at a Senior Management level in Agricultural Development or related areas, preferably in the Caribbean region or similar environment.
- Experience in working in project development and management and implementation.
Terms of Engagement
- The terms of engagement will be on a contractual period of two (2) years.
- The total remuneration package is up to EC$210,000 (Taxable) inclusive of Basic Salary and Allowances.
To view detailed the Terms of Reference and full Selection Criteria for the Agriculture Development Specialist, click on the following link https://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Terms-of-Reference-Agriculture-Development-Specialist.pdf or by telephoning (+664)-491- 2075/2546 or email: email@example.com.
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491 6234.
To apply, send your completed application form, curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications with a covering letter and the names of at least two referees to the Human Resource Management Unit at email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Monday, November 15th 2021.