The Montserrat Tourism Division (MTD) in the Office of the Premier, is launching a photo contest to find new positive images of the island. Amateur or professional photographers are encouraged to submit up to three images which depict the beauty of Montserrat’s environment.
Mrs. Rosetta West-Gerald, Director of the Tourism Division said selected photos may be used in future promotional campaigns. “There are many beautiful attributes to Montserrat, and we want to see how others view and capture the island’s beauty.”
The photo competition is part of a six-month environmental awareness campaign, funded through the European Union Development Fund (EDF11). The initiative encourages residents and visitors to respect and care for the island, our most valuable tourism product.
Deadline for photo submissions is Friday, December 23, 2022. The winning photo will attract EC$800, second place will receive EC$600, and third place will win EC$400.
All entries must meet the rules and image specifications outlined on the Montserrat Tourism Division’s Facebook page and submitted via email to email@example.com.
Rules and Image specifications
· All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
· By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by Montserrat Tourism Division for advertising and promotional purposes.
· Participants also must submit a brief description for the submission to be considered complete.
· Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
· The prize must be collected by the winner and is nontransferable.
· The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after five business days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
· The contest is limited to residents of Montserrat, West Indies.
· Each photographer can submit up to three photos for consideration.
· Images must be minimum 2000px wide x 1500px