Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Senior Auditor, Performance Audits in the Office of the Auditor General, Montserrat.
The Senior Auditor will be responsible for performing specific duties assigned and assisting the Audit Manager with conducting audit assignments as identified in the Annual Audit Operational Plan and in accordance with relevant auditing standards and objectives.
- Produce assignment plans; specify the assignment objectives and detailing the required audit tasks for each identified assignment in accordance with the Annual Audit Operational Plan, in harmony with the audit approach and time budget.
- Organize work and outputs to achieve timely completion of each audit assignment and the Annual Audit Operational Plan.
- Communicate at the appropriate time the results of audit work, including reports to management on problems encountered in carrying out audit assignments, and recommendations for adjustments in the Audit Plan to secure achievable action.
- Identify training needs for staff development and conduct on the job training to satisfactorily ensure timely completion of audit assignments.
- Perform specific audit tasks or areas of work, and undertake any programme of professional audit and accounting training. Training refers to continuous professional development which could include that provided in-house or online, attendance at overseas workshops/seminars, work attachments or pursuing courses with professional bodies via the internet.
- Be aware of professional, financial, legislative and other relevant developments in the public and commercial sectors.
The applicant should: -
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance or any other related discipline from a recognized University or professional accounting institution.
- Completed the Diploma level of a professional accounting qualification e.g. CIPFA- Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accounts, ACCA - Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, CIMA - Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, AICPA - American Institute of Certified Public Accountants or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory position.
- Have good knowledge of government and commercial finance, relevant regulations, current audit procedures and be able to exercise professional judgment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to exercise professional judgment.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to relate to staff at every level in the Public Service.
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) applications.
SALARY SCALE & ALLOWANCE
Salary is in the scale R22 – R16, that is, $50,976 - $60,480 per annum (taxable).
The successful applicant may be entitled to a Travel Allowance of EC$4,800.00 per annum (non-taxable) provided that the Officer possesses and maintains a vehicle in a road worthy condition and uses it for official travelling.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Appointment will be made on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years in the first instance. On satisfactory completion of contract, a contract gratuity at the rate of 12.5% of the basic salary would be payable. The targeted date for effecting the appointment is March 1st, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter;
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position;
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees.
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday, November 19th 2021.