Applications are invited for suitably qualified persons for the role of Senior Assistant Secretary within the Human Resources Management Unit, Government of Montserrat.
To provide the Chief Human Resources Officer with an efficient office management support system, particularly in the areas of Human Resources Management, policy and finance (accounting and budget management) to enable effective delivery of the Department’s strategic objectives.
- Monitor the Organizational Development of assigned Ministries/Departments to include working with managers to identify resourcing requirements and to ensure that the headcount is effectively managed and costs controlled.
- Assist with HR Policy and Systems support; assist with the development of HR policies and update policy manuals as needed; provide guidance to employees on HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Coordinate the Resourcing function of your assigned Ministries/Departments; manage the complete recruitment process (including the recruitment of Technical Co-operation Officers and Advisors).
- Oversee employee relations of your assigned Ministries / Departments, including supervising the administration of service rules and regulations as it relates to conditions of service, effective employee communications and the handling of leave matters, grievances, disciplinary and performance issues.
- Assist with employee engagement, change management and communication; support Departments in strengthening employee engagement and ensure communication tools are embedded in the organization; encourage the implementation process for all new policies and initiatives by assisting managers with understanding and employing effective change management techniques and incorporating these into the formal structures and systems of Ministries and Departments.
- Assist with the orientation of new staff across the Public Service and arrange on-the-job training interventions, as required.
- Monitor and evaluate performance; supervise and participate in HR absence and leave audits; analyze data and prepare the requisite reports; undertake and promote objective-based performance assessments of team.
- Research and compile information to assist with the preparation of policy papers, strategic and management documents;
- Oversee the accounting processes, monitor and control expenditure to ensure value for money is obtained and report on the performance of the Unit against expenditure and outputs.
- Represent the Unit on Boards/Committees, and perform a lead role in related strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized tertiary institution (with emphasis in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration, or Management studies)
- Held a position at Assistant Secretary (R22-16) or an equivalent level, for at least five (5) years with managerial experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of HR best practices
- Proven experience in formulating policies and directing diverse programmes to achieve results
- Good working knowledge of the Financial Regulations, General Orders and other regulatory Manuals governing Public Service operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to make impactful public presentations
- The ability to work cross functionally with all levels of staff and management
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills
- Proven experience in overseeing programme resources
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) applications
Salary is in the scale R17-13, that is EC$58,896.00 to EC$65,232.00 per annum.
A Travel Allowance of EC$9,600.00 per annum, provided that the Officer possesses and maintains a vehicle in a road worthy condition and uses it for official travelling – GO 519.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234.
To apply, e-mail your completed application form, along with a covering letter with the names of at least two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 18, February 2022.