Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Medical Technologist in the British Dependent Territory of Montserrat.
Responsible for producing laboratory test results in a timely and accurate manner to aid other health care givers in diagnosis and treatment of patients.
1. Perform the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases to facilitate testing in the various disciplines to include, Hematology, Biochemistry, Bacteriology and Molecular Testing in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Maintain an effective, efficient and documented quality control programme.
3. Perform necessary maintenance of equipment, and complies with safety procedures.
4. Record all patient and test data, process and distribute patient results and other information.=
5. Provide a safe supply of blood for transfusion.
6. Provide relevant advice and information on tests and test procedures to stakeholders.
7. Participate in emergency on-call duty as per rota.
8. Perform any other duties appropriately assigned by laboratory supervisor.
Applicants should have:
Salary is in the scale of R22– 16, that is, $50,976 – $ 60,480 per annum. (All emoluments are paid in Eastern Caribbean Currency).
Interested applicants are invited to apply by completing the prescribed forms which can be obtained from our website at www.gov.ms or by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may contact the Human Resource Management Unit, by telephoning us at 1 664 491 2365/2444 or by fax at 1 664 491 6234. Applications should state clearly the position being applied for and should include a brief curriculum vitae, at least two references who can confirm the required experience, skills and disposition of the applicant and a copy of their police record to the Human Resources Management Unit.
Please note that deadline date for applications is January 31, 2022.