Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Director, Learning and Development within the Human Resources Management Unit, Government of Montserrat.
- To lead the development and implementation of creative and vibrant learning and development programmes that foster organizational and individual growth, while supporting key departmental objectives
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, manage and drive a government-wide learning and development strategy that strengthens employee and organisational capabilities and performance.
- Oversee the development and implementation of programmes, tools and processes designed to improve management and employee performance, productivity and satisfaction.
- Ensure all learning and development activities are aligned strategically to the organization’s goals.
- Manage, develop and build internal resources for effective implementation of L&D programmes, as well as assess and measure effectiveness of leadership development strategies.
- Responsible for the induction of new employees and the maintenance of HR’s Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- Responsible for the full training cycle from conducting training needs analyses, designing, delivering and evaluating courses to ensuring effectiveness and return on investment.
- Lead the talent management process and ensure succession planning is an organizational priority.
- Manage the Learning and Development Budget and process requests for scholarships and financial assistance.
- Oversee the costing of training requests for the Annual Country Training Scheme (ACTS) and any other project financing for Chief HR Officer approval, taking into account actual training costs vs. allocated sums.
- In partnership with the HRIS Section, administer InSync Learning Management System by developing and managing eLearning modules.
- Directly manage the L&D team and provide day-to-day coaching and performance feedback
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized tertiary institution in Education, Human Resource Development, Organizational Development or another related field
- Ten (10) years demonstrable learning and development experience in a managerial capacity
- Deep understanding of L&D and capacity building practices, challenges and trends
- Experience with supporting and developing senior management teams
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of staff and management
- Experience in developing and implementing high impact programs
- Experience in policy formulation
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Total annual remuneration of EC$88,680.00, broken down as follows:
- Basic Salary R7 EC$74,760.00;
- Travelling EC$ 9,600.00;
- Entertainment EC$ 3,600.00;
- Telephone EC$ 00.
Basic salary and telephone allowances are subject to income tax.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234.
To apply, e-mail your completed application form, along with a covering letter with the names of at least two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 28, February 2022.