Applications are invited from suitably qualified, goal driven and enthusiastic persons to fill the position of Assistant General Manager with Bank of Montserrat Limited, the island’s leading financial service provider. The Bank offers a range of financial solutions and services to meet the needs of personal and commercial customers as well as serving the needs of the wider population.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for maximizing profitability and returns on the investment portfolio and overseeing the Bank’s operations and overall customer service delivery in line with the Bank’s strategic objectives. He/she, working with the GM, will also be instrumental in streamlining the banks processes with an eye towards being more customer focused and efficient.
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
The successful applicant will provide strong support to the General Manager, various Committees of the Board and the Board of Directors in the areas of investments management, banking operations, customer service and project management.
The applicant will also assist the General Manager in the formulation of the bank’s business strategies and to design, implement, develop and improve on the systems, workflows and procedures necessary to meet the requirements of both the customers and the Bank.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Bank’s Investment Portfolio.
- Manage the relationship with the Bank Investment Managers.
- Ensure the Investment portfolio is managed within established risk parameters and in accordance with the Bank’s Investment Policy Statement (IPS).
- Ensure that approved targets for the Bank’s Investment portfolio are being met and / or exceeded.
- Have direct responsibility for the Bank’s operations and customer service delivery.
- Contribute positively to ensure the Bank's overall strategic objectives are met.
- Lead the transformation of the Bank’s customer service in line with the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Complete recurring reports for the General Manager, the Board of Directors, Board Committees, and regulatory authorities are completed on time and as required.
Candidates must have the following:
- A minimum of 10 years’ banking experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior executive level in investment banking and banking operations.
- A University Degree in Banking and Finance or related business field. A MBA would be an asset.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and risk management policies, procedures and practices.
- A proven track record of analytical and investigative skills.
- A sound understanding of the legal and regulatory standards that guide the operations and management of a financial institution.
- A proven track record of implementing technological solutions to improve processes.
- Be acquainted with the latest trends in Banking and shall have exposure to the latest technology / changes in the Banking Industry.
- Generous remuneration package
- Contract with an attractive gratuity
- Monthly travel allowance
- Housing allowance for non-residents
- Annual bonus once the minimum qualification requirements are met and a bonus is declared by the Board od Directors.
- Health insurance
- Opportunities for career advancement
If you are a high achieving, goal driven professional with the required qualification and experience, we are interested in meeting with you.
Applications should be addressed to The Manager, Bank of Montserrat Limited, Brades, Montserrat or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Bank no later than Friday, July 22nd, 2022.