Chattanooga, TN, May 10, 2017 ‚Äï Love is power — the power to live, the power to heal and the power to be free. What happens, however, when distorted beliefs or unhealthy God concepts take root in the heart and obstruct this love?
Christian psychiatrist, international speaker and author Timothy R. Jennings, M.D., explores the healing power of love, exposes beliefs that obstruct love and identifies eternal truths that open the heart to God's love in his newest book, The God-Shaped Heart: How Correctly Understanding God's Love Transforms Us.
In this compelling follow-up to The God-Shaped Brain, Dr. Jennings takes an evidence-based approach to exposing an infection of thought that keeps millions of Christians trapped in fear and insecurity. He also documents seven stages of spiritual development that can lead people out of this trap and back to God's love.
In The God-Shaped Heart, Jennings compellingly reveals:
• Genuine Christianity is centered on love, and such love, when practiced, transforms hearts and heals minds.
• An infection of thought deeply rooted within Christianity is causing confusion, contributing to division and preventing millions from experiencing the transformative power of God's love.
• When human-imposed law replaces design law, injury, pain and damage occurs to hearts, minds and relationships.
• A scientifically and Biblically sound understanding on homosexuality that resolves the long hostility between Christians and homosexuals.
• While there is something wrong in Christianity today, there is a remedy freely available that brings healing and transformation.
Jennings provides insights that make God's love understandable, applicable and accessible for all audiences, including those who struggle with Christianity or struggle to harmonize Christianity and science; Christians who have become frustrated with Christianity; and those who view Christianity as negative and critical.
The God-Shaped Heart was written to help Christians everywhere advance ever closer to God's ideal through experiencing the transformative power of God's love.
Timothy R. Jennings, M.D., is a board-certified Christian psychiatrist, master psychopharmacologist, international speaker, author, Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and Life-Fellow of the Southern Psychiatric Association.
He obtained his M.D. degree in 1990 from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis. He completed his psychiatric residency at D.D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center in Augusta, Georgia, and has served as the Division Psychiatrist for the 3rd Infantry Division. He is married and lives in Chattanooga where he is in private practice. Jennings is also the President and Founder of Come and Reason Ministries and has served as President of the Southern Psychiatric Association and Tennessee Psychiatric Association.
His other books include Could It Be This Simple? A Biblical Model for Healing the Mind, The Journal of the Watcher, The Remedy New Testament Expanded Paraphrase and The God-Shaped Brain: How Changing Your View of God Transforms Your Life.