Category: St Lucia
Getting Married in St Lucia
As with any other country, there are a few requirements for getting married in St Lucia.
St Lucia Marriage Requirements?
- You must reside in St Lucia for at least three working days prior to the day.
- Ensure that you have your passports (valid for at least six months) as well as a birth certificate.
- You need two witnesses - You can always use stand-ins from the island.
- Couples who are below the age of 18 require parental consent in the form of an affidavit from a notary public.
- Has your name been changed? If so, you require a deed poll certificate.
Other requirements are; a death certificate and previous marriage certificate if you are widowed, and a decree absolute if you're divorced. Ensure that you walk with originals or certified documents.
St Lucia has a no Residency policy so persons who come to St Lucia can get married in a few hours after they get here but there is a fee that must be paid.
To speed up the process, it may be necessary to fax all legal documents to your resort in St Lucia. The legal process should start as soon as your fax is received. If your documents are in a foreign language you should ensure that you fax an authorized English translation.
Follow Us On Twitter
Market Place Adverts
Vision and Mission of The Bank of Montserrat Vision Statement: “Bank of Montserrat Limited will be the leading commercial…